Getting ready to take your first Bikram Yoga Class
Bikram Yoga is a 90 minute long series, 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises performed in a room heated to 105 degrees. You will systematically move fresh oxygenated blood to 100% of your body: every muscle, ligament, tendon, joint, organ and system is refreshed 360°. This aids the body in its healing process, restoring all systems to healthy working order just as nature intended.
- All levels are welcome - every class is suitable for beginning to advanced students, with no prior yoga or athletic experience necessary.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class to fill out a waiver-release form and for general studio orientation. No reservations are necessary.
- Classes are 60 and 90 minutes long. To ensure a focused and unified class, no late arrivals OR early dismissals are permissible.
- Bring a yoga mat, a large towel and a bottle of water.
- Attire is up to you. Some students are more comfortable in shorts and a tank/crop top, while others stick to yoga pants/shorts and a tank. Men generally wear lycra or loose fitting shorts.
- Come well-hydrated, well-rested and well-nourished with an empty stomach.
- We rent and/or sell mats, towels and water.